Friday, August 15, 2008

LAUGHTER'S THE BEST MEDICINE


MUD PIES

A man pleaded with the psychiatrist,

- "You've got to help me. It's my son."
- "What's the matter?"
- "He's always eating mud pies. I get up in the morning and there he is in the backyard eating mud pies. I come home at lunch and he's eating mud pies. I come home at dinner and there he is in the backyard eating mud pies."

The psychiatrist reassured him,

- "Give the kid a chance. It's all part of growing up. It'll pass."
- "Well, I don't like it, and neither does his wife."

"PUREBRED POLICE DOG $25"

The ad in the local newspaper read: "Purebred Police Dog $25". Thinking that to be a great bargain, Mrs. Freeman ordered the dog to be delivered. The next day a van pulled up and left her the mangiest looking mongrel she had ever seen. In a rage, she telephoned the man who had placed the ad.

- "What do you mean by calling that mangy mutt a purebred police dog?"
- "Don't be deceived by his looks, Ma'am," he replied. "He's in the Secret Service."

No comments: