Friday, September 29, 2006

Teaching Tips & Ideas

Prepositions

BEYOND
– Além de. Fora do alcance. Inacessível.

e.g. - Do not go beyond this place.
He lives beyond his income.
It is quite beyond my will.

BY – Por intermédio de. Junto de. Por.
Usada com Expressões de Tempo indica que a ação
será concluída naquele tempo determinado.
Empregado com os Reflexivos tem o sentido de “Só”. “Isolado”.
Emprega-se também nos Juramentos.

e.g. - Richard was despised by all.
I always go to Rio by plane.
“Old Blue Eyes” was known by his voice.
You should never swear by God.
I’d like to sit at that table by the window.
I will have it ready by the end of May.
The investigation shall be finished by Xmas.
Nobody helped me. I was by myself.
By my honor. By all means.
By night. By no means.
By land. By sight.
By the way. By name.
By heart. By airmail
By day. By chance.
By sea. By and by.

No comments: