Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Laughter's the Best Medicine

Irish Catholics

Mrs. O'Donovan was walking down O'Connell Street in Dublin, and coming in the opposite direction was Father O'Rafferty.

- "Hello," said the Father, "and how is Mrs. O'Donovan? Didn't I marry you two years ago?" She replied

- "That you did Father." The priest asked,

- "And are there any little ones yet?"

- "No, not yet Father," said she.

- "Well, now, I'm going to Rome next week, and I'll light a candle for you."

- "Thank you, Father." And away she went. A few years later they met again.

- "Well, now, Mrs. O'Donovan," said the Father, "how are you?"

- "Oh, very well," said she.

- "And tell me," he said, "have you any little ones yet?"

- "Oh yes, Father. I've had three sets of twins, and four singles-ten in all."

- "Now isn't that wonderful," he said, and how is your lovely husband?"

- "Oh, she said...He's gone to Rome. To blow out that fuckin' candle."

No comments: