Wednesday, March 06, 2013

The Clip of the Day



Todays's clip shows a certain Joe Brown 71, a british gentleman absolutely unknown to me. Mr. Brown is a musician and singer who works in the show business for more than five decades. In recent years he has focused on several recordings and in the participation of at least two tours per year which makes about 100 shows the time when he releases an album annually. Highly regarded in the music world he commands respect and admiration among his equals. His performance of "I'll See You In My Dreams" (song that populated my youth), at the "Concert for George" when he was a young man of 60 years shows that it is still great after all these years. Simplicity combined with sincerity and frankness, without the affectation of sickly light cannons, special effects, clouds of dry ice, fireworks and stage of 25 feet long, give the right amount of the message. The "drummer" with only two brushes and a box sent myself back by the side of a friend playing the piano, on Saturday afternoons at the Conservatory of my hometown in the 1950s. See the clip. HC

No comments: