Saturday, June 16, 2012

Laughter's the best...

Patient In Room 302

A sweet old lady telephoned St. Joseph's Hospital. She timidly asked,

- "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said,

- "I can, what's the name and room number?"

The old lady in her weak voice said,

- "Norma Findlay, Room 302."

The operator replied,

- "Let me place you on hold while I check with her nurse."

After a few minutes the operator returned to the phone and said,

- "Oh, I have good news, her nurse just told me that Norma is doing very well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back as normal and her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged on Tuesday."

The old lady said,

- "Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you!"

The operator replied,

- "You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?"

The grandmother said,

- "No, I'm Norma Findlay in 302. No one tells me shit."

No comments: