Wednesday, December 08, 2010

LAUGHTER’S THE BEST MEDICINE


Mistakes In Life

A woman awoke during the night to find that her husband was not in bed. She put on her robe and went downstairs. He was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appeared to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall.

She saw him wipe a tear from his eye and take a sip of his coffee.

- "What's the matter dear? Why are you down here at this time of night?" she asked.

- "Do you remember twenty years ago when we were dating and you were only 16?" he asked.

- "Yes, I do," she replied.

- "Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?"

- "Yes, I remember."

- "Do you remember when he shoved that shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my daughter or spend twenty years in jail'?"

- "Yes, I do," she said.

He wiped another tear from his cheek and said,

- "You know, I would have gotten out today. "

No comments: