Thursday, October 22, 2009

Laughter's the Best Medicine

Sherlock Holmes and Dr.Watson go camping. Assemble the tent and, after a good meal and a bottle of wine, throw it to sleep.

Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend and nudge:

- My dear Watson, look up and tell me what you see.

Watson answered:

- I see thousands and thousands of stars.

Holmes then asked:

- And what that means?

Watson ponders for a minute, then lists:

1. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and we are small and insignificant.

2. Astronomically, it means that there are thousands and thousands of galaxies and potentially billions of planets.

3. Time, which is approximately, I deduce 03h15min the height where the Polar Star.

4. Weather, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day.

Holmes is a minute in silence and balanced:

- Watson, you idiot! It means that somebody stole our tent!

No comments: